[mapguide-internals] Changes to build process on Windows for native DBXML

Rohit Razdan rrrazdan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 08:53:19 EDT 2010

Hi,

Continuing with the upgrade to DbXml 2.5.16, I was making changes to the
.vcproj files. It seems to me and Trevor that we should use two environment
variables, XERCESC_HOME and DBXML_HOME to specify the include paths for
Xerces_C and DbXml files. This would in theory allow people to custom
compile and install Xerces and DbXml and  allow them to build MapGuide with
it, although typical usage scenario would involve people just installing
both from the .msi installed available from Oracle. Is there a better way to
do this?

Also I noticed that the FDO directory is explicitly specified and it is
required to put the compiled FDO libs in the source tree before compilation.
That seems to me to be a little strange. Is there a special reason for this?
I haven't looked too closely at the build process there. Would it not be
better to have a FDO_HOME environment variable?

Regards
Rohit