Visual Studio Express Editions support? was: [mapguide-internals] Motion Vote: RFC 104 - Support Visual Studio 2010

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Thu Jul 22 20:51:52 EDT 2010

I think that someone (maybe Traian or Trevor) said they got 64bit support
working with the Windows SDK, but the MFC requirement is a sticking point
for sure.  We'd have to figure out what components use this and how to
design around it.  Not thinking short-term effort here :)  I agree that it's
not very condusive to community building to require a paid development tool.