[mapguide-internals] Additional code review for RFC 102 submissions

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Tue Jul 27 05:11:17 EDT 2010

Hi Rohit,

I've done a little more code review on the RFC 102 submissions.  I look forward to seeing your submissions for Windows.

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/changeset/5014/sandbox/rfc102
XmlUtil.cpp
- lines 767-772 formatting seems strange
- lines 783,783 is (MemBufFormatTarget*) case needed?

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/changeset/5015/sandbox/rfc102
ResourceDefinitionManager.cpp
- Why is temp_xmlValue required?
ResourceHeaderManager.cpp
- Why was setReturnType(XmlQueryContext::DeadValues) removed?  Is it no longer supported?
SiteResourceContentManager
- Many of these functions edit the site repository.  Stripping the createUpdateContent and createModify statements may be incorrect.
- Why was setReturnType(XmlQueryContext::DeadValues) removed?  Is it no longer supported?

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/changeset/5016/sandbox/rfc102
General
- Should includes and libs comes from the same tree (/usr/local/include and /usr/lib seems mismatched)
- The -I and -L statements should be set with a command line parameter / AM_MACRO

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/changeset/5017/sandbox/rfc102
General
- /usr/local/[include,lib] should be set with a command line parameter / AM_MACRO
Common/Manager/Makefile.am
- switch /bin/sh back to /bin/bash.  Pushd/popd do not work in "sh"

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/changeset/5027/sandbox/rfc102
Server/src/Core/Makefile.am
- -R (rpath) statement should be set with a command line parameter / AM_MACRO