[mapguide-internals] MapGuide Project Logo for LiveDVD

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Wed Jun 9 00:26:47 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

We need a MapGuide Project Logo for the LiveDVD.  Many open source projects use an animal as their logo (Linux penguin, SUSE lizard, MySQL dolphin, PostgreSQL elephant...).  After asking around a bit, I found out that Autodesk had started some logo work a while ago and had a "Fish" logo in the works for MapGuide.

I have attached the "Fish" logo as a PNG image.  Personally, I think the fish rocks.  He looks tough as nails and he even has a guide star so he knows where he is going.

I would like to put the "Fish" forward as a proposed project logo.  Since project logos are a big deal and we need one soon, I propose the following:

1. Logo proposals will be accepted until end of day June 15th.
2. Logos should be posted to -internals and added to RFC 93 http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc93.
3. On June 16th, all proposed logos will be voted upon by the PSC.  PSC members can vote +0 or +1 for any or all logos.  The logo with the highest "+" rating will be accepted.  In case of a tie, Bob gets to decide since he is the Chair.

How does this sound?