[mapguide-internals] [RFC Review] RFC095 OGC WMS 1.3.0 Support

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Sat Jun 12 04:07:48 EDT 2010

Hi Arthur,

Is 2.2 really the target for this RFC?  How will this affect our release
cycle for 2.2, which has already gone to beta?

Is the reason for the workaround because CS-Map does not currently support
these namespaces, and we don't want to wait for a CS-Map update?

Because of the nasty history around WMS 1.3 axis order, I believe that
several other WMS servers apply sanity checks against passed values
(Latitude < -90 or > 90?), and may even fall back to old behaviour.  I could
be wrong or have outdated information.  Have the clients caught up to the
point where we can safely just implement the standard as written?

This is out of scope for this RFC, but it sure would be REALLY handy if we
could publish MapDefinitions as WMS, rather than just LayerDefinitions.  And
if I'm wrong about this, please let me know :)

Jason