[mapguide-internals] Supporting PHP 5.3

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Sat Mar 20 06:34:53 EDT 2010

Hi Bruce,

Will this introduce API incompatibility between MGOS 2.2 and MapGuide Enterprise 2011?  To ease any potential migration issues from MGOS 2.2 to MGE 2011, it would be good if they are kept in sync.

For myself, I am ok with putting this into 2.2.  From a timeline perspective, these changes should probably go into the Beta before we release it.

Has anyone volunteered to update the Sheboygan and DevGuide samples?  I suspect there are some try/catch blocks in there somewhere.  And we will definitely need to publish the Web API Reference for MGOS 2.2 since a good chunk of our user base will have these method calls in their code.  It would be really bad if we change a bunch of existing API and then blindside them with no docs :(

I am not sure I will have time to work on the samples or the API reference for a while.  I am fairly busy just doing build stuff for the upcoming beta.  Any volunteers out there?