[mapguide-internals] Re: 32 bit installer on build machine

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Mon Mar 22 18:27:09 EDT 2010

Lol...

In the MgDev folder, there's a file called UpdateVersion.vbs that goes
through and updates the header and resource files that hold the version
numbers.  This script relies on the commandline svn tools being installed,
must be run in an SVN checkout area. and may not contain all the files
required for 2.2.  Not sure whether it's better to continue using this, or
to re-write in Perl/PHP.

There are other commandline options to the installer's build.bat that could
be useful.  Here's what I used for the final build:

call build.bat -a=build -version=2.1.0.4283
-name=MapGuideOpenSource-2.1.0.4283-Final -title="MapGuide Open Source
2.1.0"

These are carried through to the installer in most cases. I believe that
Jackie recently checked in some other useful changes, such as parameterizing
the server service version instead of hard-coding it as a string.

Jason