[mapguide-internals] Re: RFC88 for review

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 03:24:39 EDT 2010

There is a potential issue with handling a BBOX parameter.

My original proposed solution was based on intercepting/replacing the values
of the initial view and scale with ones specified from our request
parameters. As it stands these values would then be written client-side and
will be used everytime the viewer requests an initial view and scale of the
map (not initial map view).

Converting a BBOX to initial point and scale requires information about the
runtime map (correct?). The runtime map is created in a different frame
*after* the initial point and scale would have been written to the
client-side content. To support a BBOX, we would have to move the map
initialization up to the top-level page (mainframe.[php/jsp/aspx]) from
where it is currently now (mapframe.[php/jsp/aspx]), which I am certain
would potentially break something. I am extremely reluctant to mess with the
init order of the AJAX viewer.