[mapguide-internals] Re: 32 bit installer on build machine

UV uvwild at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 24 00:01:37 EDT 2010

Sorry but I dont agree.
A full build cycle SHOULD include a installer. thats a pretty standard
way of developing code these days....
Furthermore, as you explained correctly installing manually is a hassle!!!

You are right that should happen on a build server!
but my build server because your build machine does not build my
features i want to test, so I need the installer....
in particular when deploying the testbuild to a different server for
load testing ....

So why should I not use the installer???
I couldnt use it so far because it hasnt been made useful without any
documentation!
(thats the comment I made)

I dont know of any valid reason for omitting documentation for any
public code!
Documentation does not reallly belong in this mailing list but in the
repository.
Sorry, but i think comitting so much code to the Installer branch
without providing a README is simply an incomplete submission.

Its a pity how many developers still think working code is the only
relevant outcome of their job, I mean this is Open Source isnt it?