[mapguide-internals] MapGuide 2.2 Beta Release Readiness

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Wed Mar 24 00:39:39 EDT 2010

Part of the problem is that there is no x64 Apache for windows.

I've personally had no problems with IIS7, other than the initial
learning curve. It's way more like Apache in terms of speed,
reliability, and configuration.

If someone else wants to step up and create an Apache install that
works under x64, and ensure that the MG Apache module compiles and
runs within it, I don't mind building it into the installer.
Otherwise, it likely won't happen. You could still run a 32bit web
tier on a 64bit machine though.  The server likely benefits more from
the extra bits anyway.