[mapguide-internals] Re: 32 bit installer on build machine

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Wed Mar 24 10:51:55 EDT 2010

Hi Zac,

I do not believe we have considered side by side installation.  Taking a quick look at the installation image, there are few things we would have to change.  There might be more:

1. Install into OSGeo/MapGuide2.2 (or similar) instead of just OSGeo/MapGuide.
2. Registry settings for OSGeo/MapGuide (probably add version underneath)
3. Version specific virtual directory in IIS
4. MSI unique identifier (I'm guessing there is one?)

Jackie and Jason are the primary maintainers for the Windows installer and implementing these items could be a fair bit of work.  Time permitting, side by side is definitely a good feature.

Although I have not completed the Linux packaging for Ubuntu, the same issue would still apply unless we do some directory revisionsing, ie. /usr/local/mapguideopensource becomes /usr/local/mapguideopensource-2.2.  I will take a look at doing this for Linux.

Good thing I stuck that test build up there :)

Thanks Zac,