[mapguide-internals] Re: Hard coded coordsys path for Linux

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Fri Mar 26 00:44:46 EDT 2010

Hi Jackie,

The coordinate system catalog class does not have a static (thread safe) member to retain the path to the coordinate system libraries.  Ideally, it probably should.  But then we have to figure out where to call the method that initializes the static member.  Having the settings in serverconfig/webconfig.ini with initialization taking place in the server startup loop, agent initialization, and in InitializeWebTier should resolve this for MapGuide.

But who else is using CS-Map?  Will catalog initialization changes affect them?

It is a good idea but it sounds like a 2.3 RFC item to me.