[mapguide-internals] MapGuide OSM Sample Project

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Sat Mar 27 11:30:26 EDT 2010

Hi Zac,

I just did a bit of a pan around www.openstreetmap.org.  Oh boy.

- World wide coverage
- Multiple languages (English, Russian, Arabic, Mandarin, other..)
- Street level detail for Canada, USA, Europe, Russia, and more
- Points of interest, building footprints in some area
- The full dataset in OSM XML is a 13GB bzip compressed image

The data is also covered under a non-restrictive license.

Great suggestion.  This is an impressive dataset.  Anyone want to download it and convert it to SDF?  I wonder if download.osgeo.org would let us post the whole dataset?