[mapguide-internals] The future of MapGuide Maestro

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 23:42:28 EDT 2010

Hi All,

As we all know, Kenneth is no longer involved with the MapGuide project, and
as a result the Maestro sub-project has been left in a state of limbo
without a dedicated maintainer.

A question most people will be probably asking is: Is there anyone who can
take over and maintain this project?

I am officially throwing my hat in the ring to take over the development and
maintenance of Maestro. I have contributed bug fixes and some major
improvements in the past (such as the enhanced Expression Editor), so I have
a fairly firm understanding of the internals of Maestro.

The future of MapGuide Maestro should be a high-priority item of discussion
for the next PSC meeting (since what should happen to the Maestro project
ultimately lies with you guys). But let it be known that I am willing to
take over the reins of development and maintenance.