[mapguide-internals] MapGuide OSM Sample Project

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Wed Mar 31 13:55:06 EDT 2010

>From my "developer" perspective,

Assuming we can get the data properly classified and "fdo'ed", it would be useful for localization testing and for performance testing.  Ideally, we should fdo2fdo the entire data set to all of our supported providers.  Since the dataset is large, it may also be useful for benchmarking comparisons between the providers.

And the entire data set is "open".  We can pass it around freely and maybe even stick it up on OSGeo downloads.

There may also be some benefits for Autodesk.  This data set may be larger than the vector datasets currently being used in-house for testing and development purposes.  And I believe it is also multi-lingual.  Bigger than (something)... free... and multilingual...

A good dataset will be instrumental for effective community participation in both development and testing.