[mapguide-internals] GSoc Project Status Week 0

Rohit Razdan rrrazdan at gmail.com
Mon May 24 13:17:40 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,
I am required to submit weekly reports of my work and the problems faced on
the OSGEO Soc mailing list. Trevor suggested that I should keep you guys in
the loop which anyway makes more sense than mailing it to the OSGEO list.

The wiki for the project has been setup at
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/GoogleSoC2010. You can hop over there
for more information on my project, weekly report archives, links etc.

Work I have done till now.

  * Setup a test machine, created the minimal install build environments for
Centos and Ubuntu (32/64 bit) Though I would be focusing on Centos 5.5 32
bit, initially.
  * Created a draft RFC for the first part of my project at
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc92
  * Discussion on the mailing list, regarding Third Party dependencies and
their inclusion into the source tree.
  * Investigated about availability of packages for third party
dependencies.
  * Miscellaneous reading/familiarization/etc

Work I propose to do this week.

  * Compile MapGuide with native dbxml and cppunit.
  * If time permits move on to other Third party dependencies. (php, etc)

Obstacles for this week

  * None. ( At least none that I can see, right now. :-)

Regards
Rohit Razdan