[mapguide-internals] GSoc Project Status Week 0
rrrazdan at gmail.com
Mon May 24 13:17:40 EDT 2010
I am required to submit weekly reports of my work and the problems faced on
the OSGEO Soc mailing list. Trevor suggested that I should keep you guys in
the loop which anyway makes more sense than mailing it to the OSGEO list.
The wiki for the project has been setup at
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/GoogleSoC2010. You can hop over there
for more information on my project, weekly report archives, links etc.
Work I have done till now.
* Setup a test machine, created the minimal install build environments for
Centos and Ubuntu (32/64 bit) Though I would be focusing on Centos 5.5 32
* Created a draft RFC for the first part of my project at
* Discussion on the mailing list, regarding Third Party dependencies and
their inclusion into the source tree.
* Investigated about availability of packages for third party
* Miscellaneous reading/familiarization/etc
Work I propose to do this week.
* Compile MapGuide with native dbxml and cppunit.
* If time permits move on to other Third party dependencies. (php, etc)
Obstacles for this week
* None. ( At least none that I can see, right now. :-)
More information about the mapguide-internals