[mapguide-internals] GDAL Provider update

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Mon Nov 22 22:23:57 EST 2010

No kidding :)

Did you see the patches attached to this ticket?
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/462

<http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/attachment/ticket/462/grfp_addref.patch>Traian
found and created a patch for a reference counting issue in the provider,
but I don't think it's ever been applied (I think fixing it at the time may
have caused a problem?)

Also, I'm still not convinced that not guarding the stylization (re
mapguide_raster_stability.patch from Haris) call isn't risky.  I didn't
really understand the arguments one way or the other, but it sounded like
this was trading potential stability for performance.  I think this would be
around here now:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/trunk/MgDev/Server/src/Services/Mapping/MappingUtil.cpp#L718

For the record, I've had success on Windows Server 2003, 32bit, MapGuide
2.1.  Haven't tested anything newer, or x64.

Jason