[mapguide-internals] Re: OpenLayers + SVG = MapGuide Vector Viewer

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Wed Sep 15 22:55:09 EDT 2010

> Canvas in OL is great for dumb layers, but doing stuff like clustering
> falls down because each click involves an R-Tree search.

Depends on what you mean by "falls down". I have an experimental map which does even rollover highlighting using all client side javascript hit testing. Point your Chrome (or Safari, Firefox is just ok) to:

http://13-9.com/c2

Performance is not *that* bad given that it does a hit test on every mouse move, not click. (Use left click to select, mouse wheel zooms, middle button drag pans the map)

Traian