[mapguide-internals] FDO_45_ITEMINCOLLECTION error using Postgresql/PostGIS provider

Gabriele Monfardini gabrimonfa at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 04:18:55 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm testing Postgresql/PostGIS provider on Mapguide OpenSource 2.2
(thus FDO 3.5)

I'm using some spatial tables in two PostgreSQL 8.3 schemas.
I used to connect to that data using OGR provider and a recompiled
gdal library with PostgreSQL support, and all works fine with both
schemas.

Now I've created a new connection to the data using the
Postgresql/PostGIS provider.

For the tables in one schema the the Postgresql/PostGIS provider works
fine, the map displays correctly with all stilization.
For the other one I'm getting the following error (from the server Error log):

<2011-08-09T10:21:25>   -1367717008     Ajax Viewer     10.1.1.91
 Administrator
 Error: An exception occurred in FDO component.
        FDO_45_ITEMINCOLLECTION
 StackTrace:
  - MgFeatureServiceHandler.ProcessOperation() line 83 file
FeatureServiceHandler.cpp
  - MgOpGetIdentityProperties.Execute() line 112 file
OpGetIdentityProperties.cpp
  - MgServerDescribeSchema.GetIdentityProperties() line 1104 file
ServerDescribeSchema.cpp
  - MgServerDescribeSchema.DescribeFdoSchema() line 199 file
ServerDescribeSchema.cpp

Since it happens for all layers (all tables and view) it may be
something related to the schema, that the provider does not like.

Both the schemas have spatial tables and spatial views and all of them
are correctly set in the public.geometry_columns.
All the tables have spatial indexes and an integer primary key defined.
>From database point of view the schema that works and the other one do
not have any particular difference.

Moreover, FDO Toolbox 1.0.0.1227 (that uses newer FDO, version 3.6.0)
works fine with both schemas.

I've searched related tickets on FDO and Mapguide and haven't found any.

Is this a known issue?
Should I open a bug (in Mapguide or FDO)?

Regards,

Gabriele