[mapguide-internals] Code Reveiw request: Remove IsNull check when get property from feature source

Buddy Hu Buddy.Hu at autodesk.com
Thu Aug 11 09:24:49 EDT 2011

Hi Trevor,

I agree with you and Traian that we should push down the IsNull to FDO providers.
For this patch, we replace the IsNull check with try-catch, doesn't make thing worse. As Traian said, it makes Server faster for most data sets. Although for data sets with lot of null values, it makes MG slower.
Are you sure the Null values are common? If the Null values are more than non-Null values, I think this patch doesn't help to improve the MG performance but hurt.

Regards,
Buddy