[mapguide-internals] Fusion refers to an external server - spatialreference.org which is offline

Michael Adair madair at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jan 7 09:35:48 EST 2011

Zac,

That is the Proj4js library trying to find the projection definitions
for EPSG:28355 and it only goes to spatialreference.org as the last
resort, and that is really only for cases where you don't know what
projections you app will be using.  When you do know what projections
you will be dealing with, you can put the definiton in your JavaScript
somewhere, eg. (substitute you own EPSG code and data):

<script type="text/javascript" src="EPSG42304.js"></script>

where that file contains the Proj.4 init string:

Proj4js.defs["EPSG:42304"]="+title=Atlas of Canada, LCC +proj=lcc
+lat_1=49 +lat_2=77 +lat_0=49 +lon_0=-95 +x_0=0 +y_0=0 +ellps=GRS80
+datum=NAD83 +units=m +no_defs";

If that Proj4js.defs value is not found, it then looks in a directory
for the file automatically ('/lib' I think?)  and if not found there it
looks on spatialreference.org.

Fusion trunk includes the latest Proj4js which can also parse the
projection initialization from the WKT returned by MapGuide so you don't
need to include the init string.  That part can use more testing to make
sure all the WK cases get tested.

Mike