[mapguide-internals] Fusion refers to an external server - spatialreference.org which is offline

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Fri Jan 7 13:27:04 EST 2011

The site is down because it was causing reliability issues for the
server it was hosted on in late december (see the openlayers dev
mailng list)

I don't think we should have a dependency on spatialreference.org, not
because it's external but because--as useful as it is--it's just a
utility site put up by two members of the community. It's not
advertised as a reliable service, and we shouldn't be using it as such
without clearing that use with the maintainers first (and likely
contributing time/money to turning it into a reliable service).

Jason