[mapguide-internals] CSS sprited legend images - RFC

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 07:23:32 EST 2011

this post got a bit lost in discussion,

the ajax viewer performs better because it only renders a subset of
large legends,
abbreviating them [ .... ] fusion tries to render them all and ends up
DOSing the browser

CSS sprites for the legend is sorely needed

What's the technical requirements?

GetLegendImageStrip
GetLegendCSS

Proper http cache semantics for those operations

cached in the session repo? generated when requested,
cache invalidated after changes to the run time map,
but only after re-rendering and comparison of new and old
has changes