[mapguide-internals] MapGuide 2.3 and FOSS4G 2011

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 00:07:32 EDT 2011

Hi Trevor,

As the 2.2 build process did drag out a very long time, as has the
proposed Beta date is already passed.

I would like to propose we wait for Uv to finish the meta-tiling RFC
which he is close to have complete before we beta 2.3.

for 2.4 I want to rev the mapDefinition schema's to support nice things like

1. image format (per map and base layer group),
2. jpeg compression,
3. quantize alogoriuthms
4. meta tiling factor  (per map and base layer group),
5. selection color
6. tile cache expiry headers

via an options xml approach which is extensible

This will resolve most of the underlying annoyances relating
to serverconfig.ini settings not being tuneable per map.

The swear jar at Ennoble's office will suffer a huge loss of
donations after this.

I would like to push 2.4 out the door quickly to get these
frustrating limitations in MapGuide eliminated.

Or do we simply skip 2.3 and move to a 2.4 release