[mapguide-internals] debug assertion when starting webtier httpd

UV uvwild at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 6 14:39:19 EDT 2011

hi,

in my Debug intallation of the webtier (windows) I keep on getting a c++
debug assertion exception when starting the httpd:
f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\src\dbgdel.cpp: Line 52
_BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID(pHead->nBlockUse)

!CrtDbgReportW+0x2b
!operator delete+0xa0
!geos::Unload::Release+0x28
!MgCoordinateXYM::Serialize+0x29707d
!std::_Init_locks::operator=+0x9fbed

I finally checked the stack traces and can see its in the geos library:
C:\Program Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\Php\GEOSd.dll
which has been built from trunk and thus should be the right version....

is the debug build of geos maybe broken?

so far I can press Retry 2 times and it seems to work leaving me with a
slight worry that things are not ok....