[mapguide-internals] Next release: 2.4.1 or straight to 2.5?

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 04:56:33 PST 2012

Hi All,

In the interest of releasing early and more often, I want to start
discussions on what our next release should be. Should we look at putting
out a 2.4.1 bugfix release or go straight to 2.5?

I'm leaning to going straight to 2.5 for the simple reasons:

 * Lots of FDO provider fixes and improvements that simply cannot be
backported to 2.4 (ie. SQL Server fubar and Trevor's GDAL provider
resampling). The SQL Server story in 2.4 is quite bad, which a rapid 2.5
release cycle could rectify.
 * Less "catch up" with Autodesk's commercial releases of the same
milestone. The MGOS releases have historically lagged significantly behind
the commercial ones.

Thoughts?