[mapguide-internals] Next MapGuide 2.4 release: Beta or RC?

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 01:18:16 PDT 2012

>> Will a RC MapGuide be built on the current FDO release (3.7 RC1) or a
build from the 3.7 branch at the same time.

All MapGuide 2.4 releases I've put out thus far have been built from the
latest HEAD revision of the FDO 3.7 branch, sans ArcSDE provider. Lack of
ArcSDE really hampers an official release as distribution scripts expect the
full set of FDO providers. A bit ironic that a proprietary data store
provider is holding up an open source release!

Anyway, I'll ping fdo-internals to see if we can get a new official FDO 3.7
release in action. Otherwise, I hold the opinion of "screw ArcSDE" and we
just release without that provider.

>> Will a MapGuide RTW be created before a final release FDO 3.7 and if so
>> on what build?

Depends on what response from adsk about FDO 3.7. If we're on our own in
terms of build resourcing, then I'd say whatever the HEAD revision of FDO
3.7 branch is at the time when we decide "yep, let's put out the MGOS 2.4
final release"