[mapguide-internals] Re: Active Developers?

Crispin_at_Linknode crispin.hoult at linknode.co.uk
Tue May 15 04:48:59 EDT 2012

Craig,

>> I'm considering using MG Open Source as the basis for the server side
>> piece of an upcoming app.
>> I'm a bit reluctant though, and am looking for re-assurance that the
>> project is active, lively, and moving forward.

I have worked for and with a number of organisations that use MapGuide.  For
us, the server provides a robust (when managed well), flexible and high
quality medium.  My development days are pretty much gone, but where we have
needs and recognise shortcomings we sponsor development in the community.

If MapGuide meets your needs now then I would recommend it as a platform.
The more who join help to reinforce that "active, lively" base that already
exists.

An update on the roadmap and ongoing PSC minutes would certainly help to
show the project has not stagnated - for evidence see:
 http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/timeline
 http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/timeline
 http://trac.osgeo.org/csmap/timeline

 Regards - Crispin