[mapguide-internals] RFC 127 is ready for review

Andre Barth Andre.Barth at autodesk.com
Wed Sep 12 06:00:36 PDT 2012

Hi Jason,

%LOCALAPPDATA% is the better place to store the user's CS information.
Thanks for pointing that out.

So, in Windows, we'd store the custom CS data in [CLSID_LOCAL_APPDATA\Autodesk\User Geospatial Coordinate Systems].

BTW - the default location for all installed CS currently is [CLSID_COMMON_APPDATA\Autodesk\Geospatial Coordinate Systems].

The new, optional, parameter supported in the serverconfig.ini file will be the following:
MentorUserDictionaryPath               = [...]

That can be setup in addition to the [MentorDictionaryPath] key.

In a (server) environment, the target path will have to be overridden via the serverconfig.ini file anyway in most cases, I guess.
That's because a (GIS) administrator would most probably alter the CS information using a 3rd-party UI tool and make the separate CSD files available in a location that can be accessed by the account the MG service runs under.

By default, the MG server process does not need to have write-access to the directory or files where the custom CS information is stored in. Read-only access is sufficient.
This said, I'm not aware of any code in the current entire MG server application stack that would call any of the [CS Dictionary]::Modify() methods anyway.

Thanks,
André