[mapguide-internals] Motion RFC 135: Support Visual Studio 2012

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 22:31:37 PDT 2013

Something to take note of.

PHP 5.5 official windows binaries are now built with VC11
(http://windows.php.net/download/)

ApacheLounge also offers VC11 binaries of httpd 2.4.x
(http://www.apachelounge.com/download/VC11/)

If we want the easiest path to VS2012 support for our supporting components,
I think we should build the webtier/apache modules against these versions of
PHP/httpd assuming nothing broken is introduced with these versions. We're
using somewhat ancient versions of PHP and httpd.