[mapguide-internals] Strange memory allocation bug on MapGuide 2.4 on centos

Gabriele Monfardini gabrimonfa at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 08:23:56 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I've opened a bug for a strange memory allocation bug on MapGuide 2.4.

https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/2292

I'm on centos 32 bit, with 4GB RAM.
MapGuide has moderate load and its performance is good otherwise.
I'm using only OGR Provider, with a GDAL library recompiled to connect to
PostgreSQL.
I've also use the same provider to serve some raster data.

This problem happens in two different virtual machines with MapGuide, with
the same configuration.

MapGuide 2.2 with the same data (the exact dbxml, database and raster) does
not suffer from this problem

This bug is particularly annoying since require manual restart for mapguide
to start working again.
I'm asking you:

   - if anyone experienced the same problem
   - if there is any setting I can tune to mitigate or solve the problem
   - if in your opinion it's worth to try MapGuide 2.5

Regards,

Gabriele Monfardini