[mapguide-internals] RFC 135: Support Visual Studio 2012

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Mon May 20 02:28:12 PDT 2013

Before Microsoft announced a Windows Desktop Express SKU for VS 2012, I
would've had issues with the VS 2010 project files being replaced.

But thankfully that's no longer the case. Moving to VS 2012 actually
*simplifies* the build environment, as we no longer have to jump through
many hoops involving the Windows SDK to get access to the 64-bit Visual C++
compiler if we want to build MapGuide with the free MS toolchain. Microsoft
were kind enough to finally bundle the 64-bit C++ compiler with the Windows
Desktop Express SKU.

So no objections from me :)