[mapguide-internals] Debug symbols for Mapguide 2.5.1 Centos packages

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 02:31:19 PDT 2013

>> 1. Are available debug packages for Centos?

Nope, I only have enough build resources to produce release-only builds for
Centos 6.x and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. We're also really short on developer
expertise to look at any Linux-specific issues.

>> 2. Which version of GEOS do MapGuide use? I presume an internal one, not
>> Centos native one.

GEOS 2.2.0 under MapGuide's oem tree. Yes, it's really ancient. Yes, we
should probably upgrade this.

>> 3. Why in basic_string::_S_create the stack trace seems to be
>> incomplete? I mean MgOperationThread.ProcessOperation afaik is the entry
>> point of every operation but does not do any actual work. Did the
>> exception
>> really happened inside this method?

I do recall some time ago that there was a wholesale change in the server
codebase to how std::string objects were being assigned due to some thread
safety issue in Linux. Maybe we left out a spot? (idea pulled out of thin
air)