[mapguide-internals] I've opened tickets #2371 and #2372

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 19:17:52 PDT 2013

We've already somewhat decoupled MapGuide from our oem-specific Apache/PHP in
2.6 as part of the Apache/PHP/Tomcat component upgrade. Apache/PHP include
and linker paths are now parameterized via environment variables and we do
keep track of any custom modifications. Although not truly tested, it means
we should now be able to build MapGuide against an alternate installation of
Apache/PHP.

This would have to be done through multiple phases.

 1. Parameterize our linker/include paths for all oem libraries used by
MapGuide via environment variables. As already explained, we've done this
for Apache/PHP in 2.6.

 2. Doing this, we can then move the Oem tree up one level in the svn repo
to be a sibling of MgDev and not a child directory and set default
linker/include paths to be based on this assumption. This means the default
preferred check out goes from this:

 [svn wc] MgDev
     - Oem
     - Common
     - Server
     - Web
     - ...

To this

 [svn wc] Oem
 [svn wc] MgDev
     - Server
     - Common
     - Web
     - ...

This way you have the option of doing a light checkout of MgDev and fixing
up the environment variables to point to the desired versions of the
libraries you want to build MapGuide against if you do not wish to do a svn
checkout of Oem.

Will have to think this out a bit more, but this is something definitely
worth improving.