[mapguide-internals] Broken Linux build post-VS2015 migration

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 16:00:41 PDT 2015

Hi All,

I've been trying to build MapGuide on (Ubuntu) Linux after the VS2015
migration and have ran into several compiler errors:

Oem/DWFTK/develop/global/src/dwf/package/DefinedObject.cpp:

It's complaining about LONG_PTR being undefined. This seems to be a
windows-only typedef. What should be used on Linux (go back to long as it
was originally)?

Various files under Oem/geos:

It's complaining about std::fmax being undefined. This is a new function in
the C++11 standard library, should we be compiling all our code as C++11
(-std=c++11), or just #ifdef back in the original code for Linux?

There's probably others I've yet to encounter.