[mapguide-internals] Please review RFC151: Add layer definition cache

Andy Zhang Andy.Zhang at autodesk.com
Mon Sep 21 00:40:06 PDT 2015

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for your feedback.
Currently, the internal object in the resource service cache is MdfModel::LayerDefinition object. It is got by method MgLayerBase::GetLayerDefinition(m_svcResource, layerid). I will update the code where calls MgLayerBase::GetLayerDefinition(m_svcResource, layerid) to use the cache. So both PreCacheMaps and MgResourceService.GetResourceContents() will NOT take advantage of the new cache now. We may add more internal objects to the resource service cache later.

Best Regards
Andy