[mapguide-internals] Patch for ticket 2596 (Constant crashes under high load/many concurrent requests)

Gabriele Monfardini gabrimonfa at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 02:32:42 PDT 2016

Hi Jackie,

I want to share an error that we're seeing under load that may be
correlated with all STL string mess you're trying to fix.
We're using OGRProvider with recompiled libgdal and PostgreSQL.

Error: A length exception occurred.
       basic_string::_S_create
StackTrace:
 - MgOperationThread.ProcessOperation() line 437 file OperationThread.cpp

This error seems to crash apache child leading to sporadic failure in
requests but without affecting server stability.
I've not opened a bug for this since is difficult to reproduce and the
stack trace is too terse to be useful.
I hope that your patch may be useful also to solve this kind of errors,
that are quite difficult to debug.

Best regards,

Gabriele Monfardini