[mapguide-internals] Handling project sponsorship/donations (RFC83 redux)

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 04:14:48 PST 2019

A small update on opencollective.

I signed up for an opencollective account today and tried to create a new
collective, but it has a hard github dependency that prevents me from
investigating further.

You need a github repo with at least 100 stars (that they verify through
your linked github account) as a pre-requisite for creating a collective.
Believe it or not, none of my github repositories (MapGuide-related or not)
actually meet the 100 star requirement :/

MapGuide/FDO not being on github (and still on OSGeo SVN servers) is turning
out to not only be a hindrance to code contribution, but it also seems to be
a hindrance for gateways for financial sponsorship.

Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/MapGuide-Internals-f4209935.html