[mapguide-internals] MapGuide RFC 177 - Mapbox Vector Tile support

Crispin_at_Linknode crispin.hoult at linknode.co.uk
Thu Sep 26 07:05:43 PDT 2019

Hi Jackie,

>> None of our existing viewer offerings will be updated to take advantage
>> of Mapbox Vector Tiles. It is expected the main adopters of this feature
>> when implemented are custom map viewers.

So, what does this implementation add to MG? Why would a custom map viewer
not simply reference the MVT source? Is MapGuide in this RFC simply picking
up a "standard" and reformatting it for a custom solution?

I have no bones about the RFC and would support community (ie, usually you!)
implementation, just interested in the motivation for incorporation.

 Crispin

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/MapGuide-Internals-f4209935.html