[mapguide-internals] Motion: Printable XYZ Raster & Vector Tiles

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 05:52:34 PST 2020

Hi Reno,

I found something that may be of interest/relevance to this discussion.

I saw this pull request recently on the OpenLayers repo:

https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/pull/10563

You could look at OpenLayers new layer composition capabilities to be able
to export static map images purely client-side and house it within a PDF
generated by something like jsPDF. The only problems I see from this
approach is I don't know if you can ask OpenLayers to export images at a
specific size *without any image distortion* (it looks like it just takes
what's already rendered by the map at its current viewport size), and also
that there'll be a natural upper limit to the size of printouts you could
achieve with this. I doubt you'll get MapFish Print or CAD-tier print/plot
quality with this approach.

Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/MapGuide-Internals-f4209935.html