[mapguide-internals] Motion: Target JDK 8 / Tomcat 9

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 05:28:34 PDT 2020

Hi All,

I figured this is a bit overkill for a full blown RFC. So I'll just go
straight for the motion.

A few weeks ago, I opened a poll for what version of JDK/Tomcat we should
target for the upcoming MGOS 4.0 release. After several weeks, I have closed
the polls and the results can be found here:

https://gist.github.com/jumpinjackie/df8ccb87a37eb603e35547316d8f626c

The winner here was JDK 8 / Tomcat 9.

In light of this result, I motion that we update our bundled Tomcat to the
latest 9.x version (9.0.37) and that we build the MapGuide Java API bindings
with JDK 8.

+1 Jackie

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/MapGuide-Internals-f4209935.html