[mapguide-internals] MapGuide Open Source 4.0 Preview 4 available

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 03:44:26 PDT 2022

Hi All,

After a long and arduous development journey, the 4th preview release of
MapGuide Open Source 4.0 is now finally available!

https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/Release/4.0.0/Preview4/Notes

This release is for *testing purposes* and use in a production environment
is not encouraged.

This release overhauls all of our language bindings to now be generated
with the official version of SWIG instead of our ancient and heavily
modified copy. This means we are no longer shackled to PHP 5.6 and for this
release, we are now bundling PHP 8.1.

Use this release as an opportunity to get your MapGuide applications ready
for 4.0 final release by getting your code working against the new bindings
and doing whatever migrations needed.

These new language bindings are the last major feature in the 4.0
timeframe. It's all bug fixes and (any required) thirdparty library updates
going forward. So I am expecting a relatively short Beta > RC > Final cycle
after this.