[mapguide-internals] MapGuide RFC 185 - Use vanilla SWIG to generate API bindings

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 05:41:34 PDT 2022

Hi All,

I have posted a new RFC for review

https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc185

This RFC has been a long-time coming and as of this email, I consider the
implementation of generating our MapGuide API bindings with vanilla SWIG to
be finally complete and the adoption of this RFC to be instrumental in
finally getting MapGuide Open Source 4.0 out the door.

So while I do appreciate any feedback, I hope there will not be strong
opposition or dissent to the changes here which I believe are essential for
MapGuide going forward.