[mapguide-trac] #27: Schema does not allow setting resource ID for referenced content in Image graphic element

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Tue Apr 3 04:26:40 EDT 2007

#27: Schema does not allow setting resource ID for referenced content in Image
graphic element
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
   Reporter:  waltweltonlair  |       Owner:  waltweltonlair
       Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
  Component:  Server          |     Version:  1.2.0
   Severity:  major           |    Keywords:
External_id:                  |
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 For the Image graphic element we allow the image data to be embedded
 content or a "reference".  In the case of a reference we've assumed it's
 stored as resource data with the symbol definition itself, and so the
 "Reference" is just the name of the resource data and the resource ID is
 inferred.  The !SymbolDefinition schema should be changed to explicitly
 include a !ResourceId element.  Reasons for doing this:

  * it lets you store the image data with a separate resource (e.g. an
 image library)
  * it lets us support referenced images in the case of inlined symbol
 definitions
  * it's consistent with how this is done in !ImageSymbolType

 We will allow the !ResourceId to be blank, in which case the code assumes
 the image is stored with the symbol resource.  That way if you save the
 symbol as a new resource you don't have to remember to update this field.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/27>
MapGuide Open Source <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/>