[mapguide-trac] #911: Installer: install rolls back on systems without MFC installed, even with MSMs

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Tue Mar 17 04:49:43 EDT 2009

#911: Installer: install rolls back on systems without MFC installed, even with
MSMs
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
   Reporter:  jbirch     |       Owner:
       Type:  defect     |      Status:  new
  Component:  Installer  |     Version:
   Severity:  critical   |    Keywords:
External_id:             |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 I believe that this is because the MSMs are not yet fully installed when
 the custom actions need them.  One approach is to run the custom actions
 deferred, but at that point they no longer have the installation path
 available to them.  Another approach is to static-link MFC into the custom
 action DLLs.

 I've attached a patch which I believe accomplishes the latter, and allows
 an install to complete on a clean Windows 2003 machine.  It would be great
 if someone else could test this...

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/911>
MapGuide Open Source <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/>