[mapguide-trac] #1766: Permance improvement: remove IsNull check when get property from feature source

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Mon Aug 1 03:40:01 EDT 2011

#1766: Permance improvement: remove IsNull check when get property from feature
source
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
   Reporter:  hubu             |       Owner:  hubu
       Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  new
  Component:  Feature Service  |     Version:  2.2.0
   Severity:  trivial          |    Keywords:  performance
External_id:                   |
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 IsNull check has some overhead, especially when the feature source connect
 to database such as Oracle, SQL Server, and etc.
 The solution is, catch all exceptions, if the property is indeed null, we
 will rethrow an MgNullPropertyValueException.
 The benifit for this solution is, we don't need to do IsNull check when
 get properties only if the properties is indeed null.

 The test results show that this solution can decrease the query featue
 time about 3-5%. The test data is based on Oracle datasets, including 100
 layers.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/1766>
MapGuide Open Source <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/>