[Mapguide-trac] [mapguide-trac] #2538: MgMap fails to initialize properly from linked tile set if both coordinate systems match

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Wed Feb 18 07:04:56 PST 2015

#2538: MgMap fails to initialize properly from linked tile set if both coordinate
systems match
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
   Reporter:  jng      |       Owner:  jng
       Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
  Component:  General  |     Version:
   Severity:  trivial  |    Keywords:
External_id:           |
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Description changed by jng:

Old description:

> When attempting to view a Map Definition that is linked to a tile set in
> the AJAX Viewer, the viewer will fail to losd due to a null map extent.
>
> The reason we have a null map extent is because when we initialize an
> MgMap from a Map Definition that links to a tile set, if both coordinate
> systems are the same, we are forgetting to set the map/data extents and
> center members, which results in a null map extent when retrieved

New description:

 When attempting to view a Map Definition that is linked to a tile set in
 the AJAX Viewer, the viewer will fail to load due to a null map extent.

 The reason we have a null map extent is because when we initialize an
 MgMap from a Map Definition that links to a tile set, if both coordinate
 systems are the same, we are forgetting to set the map/data extents and
 center members, which results in a null map extent when retrieved.

 The AJAX viewers tries to set up the initial view based on the extent of
 the map, which given it is null in this case causes the viewer loading to
 fail.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/2538#comment:2>
MapGuide Open Source <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/>
MapGuide Open Source Internals