[Mapguide-trac] [mapguide-trac] #2584: SELECTFEATURES on SQL Server Spatial data source returns no geometry types/geometric types when specifying properties

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Fri Jan 15 09:29:27 PST 2016

#2584: SELECTFEATURES on SQL Server Spatial data source returns no geometry
types/geometric types when specifying properties
-------------------------------+-------------------
   Reporter:  morkl            |      Owner:
       Type:  defect           |     Status:  new
  Component:  Feature Service  |    Version:  3.0.0
   Severity:  trivial          |   Keywords:
External ID:                   |
-------------------------------+-------------------
 I'm not sure if this is an FDO problem or a MapGuide problem, but I'll
 start here and see where it leads.

 We are starting to add support for SQL Server Spatial in our products, and
 have run into a problem when selecting features.

 Selecting features without specifying properties works as expected:
 http://localhost/mapguide30/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?OPERATION=SELECTFEATURES&VERSION=1.0.0&RESOURCEID=Library://Path/To/Data/Source.FeatureSource&CLASSNAME=dbo:MY_VIEW_NAME
 {{{
 <xs:element name="GEOM" type="gml:AbstractGeometryType"
 fdo:hasMeasure="false" fdo:hasElevation="false" fdo:srsName="Default"
 fdo:geometricTypes="point curve surface " fdo:geometryTypes="point
 multipoint linestring multilinestring curvestring multicurvestring polygon
 multipolygon curvepolygon multicurvepolygon ">
 }}}

 However, selecting features and specifying properties returns empty
 geometricTypes and geometryTypes:
 http://localhost/mapguide30/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?OPERATION=SELECTFEATURES&VERSION=1.0.0&RESOURCEID=Library://Path/To/Data/Source.FeatureSource&CLASSNAME=dbo:MY_VIEW_NAME&PROPERTIES=GEOM
 {{{
 <xs:element name="GEOM" type="gml:AbstractGeometryType"
 fdo:hasMeasure="false" fdo:hasElevation="false" fdo:srsName="Default"
 fdo:geometricTypes="" fdo:geometryTypes="">
 }}}

 DescribeFeatureSchema returns the expected geometricTypes and
 geometryTypes:
 http://localhost/mapguide30/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?OPERATION=DESCRIBEFEATURESCHEMA&VERSION=1.0.0&RESOURCEID=Library://Path/To/Data/Source.FeatureSource&SCHEMA=dbo&CLASSNAMES=MY_VIEW_NAME
 {{{
 <xs:element name="GEOM" type="gml:AbstractGeometryType"
 fdo:hasMeasure="false" fdo:hasElevation="false" fdo:srsName="Default"
 fdo:geometricTypes="point curve surface " fdo:geometryTypes="point
 multipoint linestring multilinestring curvestring multicurvestring polygon
 multipolygon curvepolygon multicurvepolygon "/>
 }}}

 The empty strings cause MaestroAPI to throw an ArgumentException in
 GeometricPropertyDefinition.ProcessGeometricTypes, making it difficult for
 us to use MaestroAPI for SQL Server Spatial data sources at the moment.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/2584>
MapGuide Open Source <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/>