Server Sizing

Abram, Richard richard.abram at energyeast.com
Mon Apr 3 16:16:30 EDT 2006

This might not be the right forum for this, but I thought I would ask.

Does anyone have recommendations or experience on server sizing and
configuration with MapGuide OS?  I realize the size of the data and
number of users play into the mix when deciding servers.  We are looking
into doing a proof of concept application and plan to use Windows
2003/IIS 6 with .NET.  We currently have about 1gig+ worth of shape/data
files in our current application.

Our company's standard server is a 3.2 Ghz dual processor with 1 gb ram.
We planned on getting 2 servers one as a Web Server and one to share the
Site server/Support Server functions.  This would be an Intranet app
with about 200 users.  Does this sound like a reasonable start?

Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks