[mapguide-users] Server Sizing

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Apr 3 18:27:37 EDT 2006

I don't know if anyone has done enough work to be able to help much with
sizing.

I have seen pretty good performance on machines similar to your
configuration, but have not done any load testing yet.

Are the 200 users concurrent and, if so, what kind of query frequency do
you think you will be seeing?

If load is your primary concern you may see better distribution by
placing the web and site services on one server, and putting one or more
of the higher-load support services (rendering? - depends on your client
choice and application requirements) on the second server.  1Gb seems a
bit small for a dual-cpu server, considering that memory is cheap these
days.  I haven't benchmarked MapGuide's memory requirements though and
don't know whether it would take advantage of additional amounts.

A recent post mentioned that having the web extensions and site server
on different machines has not been thoroughly tested yet, but this is a
fresh product, so that's to be expected.

Jason